top of page
Tips and Treats is here to provide you with useful information on health and well-being for you and your dog. Find interesting articles, tips for massaging your dog at home and other helpful resources.
Tips and Treats
DOGS ARE GOOD FOR YOU
Giving your dog a massage dog is not only beneficial for your dog, but it's also beneficial for you. Studies have shown that having a dog can be good for your heart and your soul. Check out this article, "10 Science Based Benefits for Having a Dog" from the American Kennel Club. Find out how having a dog makes us less lonely, reduces stress and makes us happier.
FOURTH OF JULY TIPS TO KEEP YOUR DOGGIE SAFE
More dogs are lost on July 4th than any other day of the year. That’s because they get scared by the loud noise of fireworks. Please keep your dogs safe on July 4th by following these simple tips:
1) Be sure your dog is wearing a collar with a tag that has your most up-to-
date contact information.
2) Make sure your dog gets some walks and playtime earlier in the day. This
way you can avoid taking them for walks or being outside when the
3) Don’t take your dog with you to any firework celebrations or have them
outside with you if you have your own fireworks display at home.
4) Keep your dog inside and find a safe, secure place inside your home
where your dog can feel comfortable during the fireworks.
5) Play gentle, soothing music for your dog can help mute the loud noise.
6) Keep you dog occupied by playing with them, giving them a long-lasting
chew toy, or using a licky mat filled with peanut butter.
Remember your dog is your best friend and they can get scared and run with the loud noise from fireworks. It’s up to us as pet parents to keep our fur babies safe and comfortable.
bottom of page