More dogs are lost on July 4th than any other day of the year. That's because they get scared by the loud noise of fireworks. Please keep your dogs safe on July 4th by following these simple steps:
1) Be sure your dog is wearing a collar with a tag that has your most up- to-date contact information.
2) Make sure your dog gets some walks outside and playtime earlier in the day. This way you can avoid taking them for walks or being outside when the fireworks begin.
3) Don't take your dog with you to any fireworks celebrations or have them outside with you in you have your own fireworks display at home.
4) Keep your dog inside and find a safe, secure place inside your home where your dog can feel comfortable during the fireworks.
5) Play gentle, soothing music for your dog that can help mute the loud noise.
6) Keep you dog occupied by playing with them, giving them a long- lasting chew toy, or using a licky mat filled with peanut butter. Remember your dog is your best friend and they can get scared and run with the loud noise from fireworks. It’s up to us as pet parents to keep our fur babies safe and comfortable.